2015 KTM 390 Duke ABS
The 390 Duke breathes life into values that have made motorcycling so amazing for decades. It combines maximum riding pleasure with optimum user value and is superior everywhere where really nimble handling counts. Light as a feather, powerful and packed with state-of-the-art technology, it guarantees undreamed of dynamic fun, whether you're in the urban jungle or a forest of bends. 390 Duke– nowhere you will find more motorcycle per euro.
- Frame: 32 kW (44 hp) Power plus a dry weight of only 139 kg guarantee immense, agile riding fun with the new 390 Duke. The first-class chassis, with lightweight tubular space frame in the proven KTM design, turns it into a real surfer through the bends. Masses grouped close to the centre of gravity maximize maneuverability and precision – and prepare the 390 Duke perfectly for the rush hour slalom.
- Brakes: A state-of-the-art Bosch 9MB ABS makes the pleasure of the impressive Duke dynamics even safer and adds the finishing touch to its peerless chassis qualities. The ABS on the KTM 390 Duke monitors the effect of the potent brake system with radially-bolted, four-piston caliper and 300 mm disc diameter - fun with no regrets, developed in close collaboration with the specialists from Bosch and Brembo. And for the stunt riders among us: the ABS is naturally disengageable
- Wheels and Tires: Equally lightweight and delicate as they are stable, the 17 in cast light alloy wheels are fitted with grippy Metzeler tires - 110 mm wide at the front and an impressive 150 mm at the rear. The tires impress with tremendous grip in both wet and dry conditions, as well as providing supreme durability.
- Telescopic Fork: The KTM 390 Duke's high-quality upside-down fork from WP Suspension has the same 43 mm outer tube diameter as the RC8 R – in other words: real racing equipment that guarantees highest levels of stability and precision.
- Swingarm: The 2015 390 Duke's lightweight, high-quality, pin-jointed, die-cast swingarm is designed and produced according to the same principle as the 690 Duke. The light alloy swingarm with directly linked WP shock absorber excels with extreme torsional stiffness and outstanding tracking stability.
- Instrument: The 390 Duke has everything that distinguishes a genuine KTM from the high-quality chassis components to the multi-function cockpit, which keeps you up to date with fuel consumption and remaining range. The extensive KTM PowerParts range gives you the option of adding your own individual style.
- Ergonomics: The KTM 390 Duke provides plenty of space and freedom of movement. The gathered sitting position supports relaxed touring, alone or two-up, as well as committed cornering. Unsurpassed operability and large contact surfaces ensure optimum control and maximum feedback, with the upright, relaxed sitting position providing a perfect overview every time.
- Suitable for A2 Driver´s License Holder: A restricted A2 version (30kW) is available for those riders who just got an A2 driver´s license. Power restriction is requested due to the extremely light weight of 390 Duke, in order to fulfill the limit of 0,2 kW/kg. Being so light means dynamic agility and ease to maneuver for all riders.
- Silencer: The compact, three-chamber silencer is positioned close to the bike's overall centre of gravity. This aids the centralization of masses and enhances the playful handling of the 390 Duke 2015. Thanks to a regulated catalytic converter, the emissions are exemplary.
- Cylinder Head: Just as on the RC8 R, the four valves in the cylinder head of the 390 Duke are actuated by two overhead camshafts and cam levers. This design is not only extremely reliable, but also very durable and almost frictionless, thanks to the ultra-hard carbon coating of the cam levers - releasing even more power.
- Engine: Completely new, the KTM 390 Duke's state-of-the-art, single-cylinder engine once again underlines KTM's development strength. It's clear that the latest materials and production technologies not only deliver the bike's bountiful torque and overwhelming acceleration at all engine speeds, but also good manners in everyday use and outstanding fuel economy. With 375 cc, the single-cylinder engine only weighs 36 kg, thanks to the compact design - typical of KTM - with transmission shafts arranged one above another. Moreover, it delivers a punchy 44 hp with such technical refinements as NaCaSil cylinder coating and forced oil lubrication with performance-boosting casing evacuation (the suction pump not only transfers oil, but also pressure from the crankcase, thereby reducing the running resistance of the crank drive).
- Injection: The intricate engine design, state-of-the-art injection electronics and the close-ratio, six-speed transmission not only help the KTM 390 Duke to achieve impressive performance, but also extremely low fuel consumption. Thanks to the regulated catalytic converter, it produces only minimal emissions.
- Fuel Tank: The shapely 11 L fuel tank of the 390 Duke 2015 not only provides the rider with perfect knee contact, but also with a greater range, even when ridden on the edge, thanks to the economic engine.
- Design: 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- Displacement: 373.2 cm³
- Bore: 89 mm
- Stroke: 60 mm
- Performance: 32 kW (43 hp)
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6 speed, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Wet sump
- Primary gear ratio: 30:80
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch / mechanically operated
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Tubular space frame made from steel, powder-coated
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down
- Shock absorber: WP Monoshock
- Suspension travel Front: 150 mm
- Suspension travel Rear: 150 mm
- Brake system Front: Disc brake with four-pot brake caliper
- Brake system Rear: Disc brake with one-pot brake caliper, floating brake discs
- Brake discs - diameter Front: 300 mm
- Brake discs - diameter Rear: 230 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in. X-Ring
- Steering head angle: 65 deg.
- Wheel base: 1,367±15 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 170 mm
- Seat height (unloaded): 800 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 11 L Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 139 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- 373.2 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 89 mm x 60 mm
- Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down
- Rear Suspension
- WP Monoshock
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake with four-pot brake caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake with one-pot brake caliper, floating brake discs
- 1,367±15 mm
- Seat Height
- 800 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 11 L
- Dry Weight
- 139 kg
- 6 speed, claw shifted
- Final Drive
- 5/8 x 1/4 in. X‑Ring