2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
Two owner motorcycle, 15,801 original miles, Delkevik Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Pirelli Angel tires, Brand New Supersprox chain and sprocket kit, all service up to date including valve adjustment, coolant service (Engine Ice) Motul Full Synthetic Oil service, all Hydraulic fluids serviced, Spark Plugs, Air Filter Service, etc. This bike is ready to ride and needs nothing! Contact us today! Financing and transport available, only $5,999!! This inventory unit has just arrived and we will have photos and info updated once inspection has been completed and detail service has been performed.
Ever since it first appeared on the motorcycling scene, the Tuono has embodied Aprilia's genius and amazing technical know-how, accumulated through victory after victory in motorcycle racing. The Tuono has come to mean flair and technology more than any other road-going motorcycle.
The fact is that the Tuono is simply unique. Not just another naked, the Tuono is a 1000 cc superbike. Only the fairing has been removed, and the handlebars raised for maximum control. The Tuono has exceeded all expectations. It has proved unbeatable as a road bike, and the Factory version has been invincible on the racetrack, literally dominating the Italian naked racing scene. Not satisfied with success at home, the Tuono has also carried the Aprilia flag on the international racing scene, achieving prestige in epic races like the Isle of Mann Tourist Trophy, to name just one event in which the Tuono has fearlessly taken on production bikes and competition superbikes too. The Tuono is a street fighter with racing in the blood.
The new Tuono 1000 R is refined, powerful, and precise. It holds all the records for this class of motorcycle, and is the unquestioned leader on the twin cylinder scene. To put it simply, the Tuono 1000 R is the bike that all other nakeds have to beat. It is a machine for the demanding motorcyclist, the rider who seeks maximum performance from a naked, on the road and on the track.
The latest Tuono 1000 R has the same amazing character as the previous model, with improved technical specifications and performance. The 2007 model is more advanced than ever, thanks to the Evolution engine that has already made its debut on the superb Factory version.
The fastest naked around is now more powerful than ever! With performance beyond the reach of the competition, the Tuono 1000 R is the best naked money can buy, with all the performance of a racing superbike to thrill even the most sophisticated racetrack riders.
The new 139 HP engine not only gives you more power to play with, but makes the bike more usable on the road too. Just like the RSV from which it derives, the Tuono 1000 R embodies the concept of “total ridability” that has always characterised Aprilia's performance motorcycles.
Manically precise ergonomics combine with amazingly easy control to let you establish a perfect feeling with the bike the moment you ride off, and to help you maximise your own potential with the minimum physical and mental effort.
The improvements that Aprilia's engineers have made will ensure that the Tuono 1000 R continues to set the pace for high performance nakeds.
Once again Aprilia has succeeded in producing an exclusive, refined and unique naked. The latest Tuono 1000 R remains the most sought after of all naked twins, and the perfect synthesis of exclusive components, quality, technology and finish.
Like the RSV, the Tuono has been perfected on the track to satisfy the most demanding and refined motorcyclists. Each individual part has been developed to maximise the performance and riding pleasure of a naked that is already a legend in racing circles.
Engine performance is better than ever. Maximum power is 102 kW (139 HP) at the crank and maximum torque 10.9 kgm at only 8,500 rpm. The Aprilia Tuono 1000 R is therefore among the most powerful of all nakeds.
STYLING: The bike's styling is unmistakably Aprilia, and unmistakably Tuono. The Tuono 1000 R maintains a close family look with the previous model and the RSV 1000 R from which it derives. The new, aggressive nose fairing, with closely mounted twin headlights, has been developed in wind tunnel testing to provide effective protection for the rider and to kill lift at high speeds, ensuring maximum precision and control.
The Tuono 1000 R has been designed with performance and comfort in mind. All parts are styled for stunning looks and maximum functionality. The two lateral spoilers, for example, not only look great but also serve an important aerodynamic purpose. They help keep the bike stable at high speed and keep the wind off the rider's legs. It is partly thanks to these spoilers that the Tuono 1000 R provides better aerodynamic protection than any other naked.
The design team has also gone to great lengths to ensure that, unlike other nakeds, the Tuono 1000 R benefits from race-tuned engine breathing. The Tuono 1000 R is the only naked with a dynamic air intake located directly under the nose fairing, and a duct to channel ram air through the frame to the airbox. Yet more proof of the Tuono 1000 R's uncompromising racing soul!
On the Tuono 1000 R, ergonomics is one of the bike's strong points. The seating position has been carefully designed to give the rider maximum control over the front end. The handlebar risers are lower and the footrests have been moved further back, so that the riding position is sportier and more effective. Despite this, overall comfort has even improved, so that riding is less tiring.
The sleek tail with its integrated direction indicators is similar to that of the RSV but points upwards to enhance the Tuono 1000 R's dynamic styling. The bike can also be rapidly transformed from single to dual seat, adding a passenger seat with built-in grab handles for a comfortable and safe grip.
The V60 Magnesium Evolution engine: The latest 1000 cc V 60 Magnesium Evolution engine is derived from that of the 2006 RSV 1000 R Factory, with only a few minor changes to improve torque and muscle at low revs. The engine has been thoroughly redesigned to maintain its reputation as the best twin cylinder engine in production. So performance is more amazing than ever, with 100% usable power and, of course, that proverbial Aprilia reliability.
Engine breathing has been improved by new, bigger exhaust valves (enlarged from 31 to 33 mm in diameter) and new, larger diameter exhaust header pipes. Thanks to these improvements, the V60 Magnesium Evolution that drives the Tuono 1000 R puts out more power than ever, 139 HP at 9,500 rpm, while also boosting torque to an impressive 10.9 Kgm at 8,500 rpm, a figure that tells you all you need to know about the muscle that Aprilia's V twin can deliver even at low revs.
The new silencers have catalytic converters installed nearer to the collector pipes. This solution has reduced converter activation time by 50% while further reducing the level of exhaust emissions, keeping tem well within the strict limits required for Euro 3 homologation.
Optimised fluid dynamics inside the cylinder heads have been enhanced by improved mapping of the combined ignition and fuel injection systems to achieve higher power throughout the useful rev range.
The Tuono 1000 R inherits the RSV's dynamic air intake, locating it just under the headlight cluster, in the centre of the bike where ram air pressure is highest. The Air Runner duct (which also supports the nose fairing and instruments) channels the air to a 10.3 litre airbox, designed to allow the engine to develop its full potential. The Air Runner duct ensures that pressure in the airbox increases with speed, and generates a 3% increase in engine power at maximum speed.
An engine control unit developed in conjunction with Siemens VDO provides integrated engine management. The ECU receives all essential engine parameters in real time from 15 different sensors, processes the data and, again in real time, controls the various actuators that keep the engine functioning perfectly at all times.
FRAME: Whether you are riding on the road or on the track, the Tuono 1000 R's chassis brings you the tops in performance and control. Every aspect of the frame, fork and suspensions has been fine tuned for perfect weight distribution. In keeping with Aprilia traditions, the frame is a combination of aluminium-silicon alloy castings and Peraluman 450 pressed parts. This highly sophisticated structure is not only more rigid than the previous version but lighter too. The latest frame weighs under 10 kg (9650 grams) setting an impressive new record for its class. The wheelbase is shorter too, and at 1410 mm – another record for the category – accounts for the Tuono 1000 R's crisper than even handling and more instinctive ride. The new double banana swingarm provides a clear passage for the exhaust system and weighs only 4860 grams, well under the 5 kg figure considered by experts to be the reference weight for this component.
The unit's flash EPROM comes with the mapping for unrestricted racing exhausts ready loaded. Aprilia's Technical Assistance Service can therefore enable race mapping in next to no time on request.
SUSPENSION: The fork is a Showa upside down unit, with 43 mm stanchions for a perfect balance between precision on the racetrack and comfort on the road. And to ensure that the ideal setup can be achieved for all styles and conditions, on the road and on the track alike, the fork is fully adjustable in spring preload and in compression and rebound damping.
The Sachs monoshock at the rear is likewise adjustable in spring preload and rebound damping.
BRAKING SYSTEM: The braking system has undergone a number of major changes. The new Tuono 1000 R is equipped with Brembo Gold radial calipers featuring two separate sintered pads. The use of four pads instead of two doubles the number of leading edges in the pad-disc system, and delivers increased braking force for identical effort at the brake lever. Because the pads are smaller in size, wear is also more evenly distributed.
The two 320 mm floating steel discs feature a narrower braking band to minimise inertia and weight and are fixed in place by Aprilia's exclusive six spoke flange.
The rear braking system is Brembo Gold too, with a 220 mm stainless steel disc and a caliper with two 32 mm pistons.
The front and rear brakes both use aeronautical metal braided hoses to eliminate the sponginess inevitably associated with conventional brake hoses and to ensure maximum braking precision.
COMPONENTS: What makes the Aprilia Tuono 1000 R stand out from the competition is the tremendous care and attention that Aprilia has paid to every little detail. The design team have done their very best to ensure that every component on the bike improves its performance and functionality, reduces its weight and enhances its quality and finish.
The following components deserve special mention.
The dashboard is a mixed (digital-analog) unit. It uses the data received over the CAN line to perform an essential autodiagnostic function for which it incorporates a dedicated memory. The new dashboard control unit performs the same functions as the previous unit (including the 40 lap timer) but is more compact and modern in design and extremely lightweight. User friendliness has improved too, with all functions controlled from two practical push-buttons on the left hand light switch.
QUALITY: Aprilia performance now comes with added security. Constant endurance testing in the development phase has allowed us to create a completely reliable motorcycle in all aspects.
- New V 60 Magnesium Evolution engine
- Dynamic air intake (the only naked with ram air technology)
- Electronic fuel injection system with 57 mm throttle bodies
- 16 bit engine management unit
- Exhaust system with twin silencers and three way catalytic converter with Lambda probe oxygen sensor
- Aluminium alloy perimeter frame
- Double banana aluminium swingarm
- Lighter steering yoke
- Engine: V60 Magnesium Evolution. Longitudinal 60° V twin, four stroke. Liquid cooling with three-way pressurised circuit. Double overhead cams, mixed gear/chain timing drive, four valves per cylinder. Patented AVDC anti-vibration double countershaft.
- Fuel: 95 RON unleaded petrol.
- Bore and stroke: 97 x 67.5 mm.
- Displacement: 997.62 cc.
- Compression ratio: 11.8:1.
- Maximum power at the crank : 102 kW (139 HP) at 9,500 rpm.
- Maximum torque at the crank : 10.9 kgm (107 Nm) at 8,500 rpm.
- Fuel system: Integrated electronic engine management system. Indirect multi-point electronic injection. 57 mm diameter throttle bodies.
- Ignition: Digital electronic ignition, integrated with the injection control system. One spark plug per cylinder.
- Starting: Electric starter.
- Exhaust system: Two silencers with three way catalytic converter and lambda probe oxygen sensor (Euro 3).
- Generator: : 12 V – 500 W.
- Lubrication: Dry sump with separate oil reservoir.Double trochoid pump with oil cooler. Steel oil reservoir.
- Gearbox: 6 speed. Transmission ratios:1st 34/15 (2.27), 2nd 31/19 (1.63), 3rd 26/20 (1.3), 4th 24/22 (1.091), 5th 24/25 (0.96), 6th 23/26 (0.88)
- Clutch: Multiple disc in oil bath with patented PPC power-assisted hydraulic control. Metal braid clutch line. Radial master cylinder with 15 mm piston.
- Primary drive : Spur gears. Transmission ratio: 60/31 (1.935:1).
- Final drive: Chain.
- Transmission ratio: 40/16 (2.5:1).
- Frame: Box section sloping twin-spar frame in aluminium alloy.
- Front suspension: Showa 43 mm upside-down fork with adjustment for spring preload, compression and rebound damping. 120 mm wheel travel.:
- Rear suspension: Aluminium alloy double banana swingarm. APS (Aprilia Progressive System) rising rate linkages. Sachs hydraulic monoshock with adjustment for spring preload and rebound damping.
- Wheel travel: 133 mm.
- Front Brakes: Brembo double floating disc in stainless steel, 320 mm. Brembo triple bridge caliper with four 34 mm pistons and two sintered pads. Metal braided brake line.
- Rear Brakes: Brembo stainless steel disc, 220 mm. Twin piston calliper, 32 mm diameter pistons, sintered pads. Metal braided brake line.
- Wheels: Aluminium alloy.
- Front Wheels: 3.50 x 17"
- Rear Wheels: 6.00 x 17".
- Tyres: Radial tubeless.
- Front Tires: 120/70 ZR 17.
- Rear Tires: 190/50 ZR 17 (alternative: 180/55 ZR 17 and 190/55).
- Maximum length: 2,025 mm
- Maximum width: 830 mm (at handlebars)
- Maximum height: 1,100 mm (at handlebars)
- Seat height: 810 mm
- Handlebar height: 1,020 mm at bar ends
- Wheelbase: 1,410 mm
- Trail: 103.7 mm
- Steering angle: 25°
- Dry weight: 185 kg (without battery):
- Tank: Capacity 18 litres, 4 litre reserve.
- Colors: Fluo red, Dream blue, Aprilia black.
- New optimised cylinder heads with bigger valves and one spark plug per cylinder
- 57 mm throttle bodies with one injector per cylinder
- High strength conrods
- Lighter overall weight thanks to the extensive use of magnesium
- Close-ratio gearbox
- Dry sump lubrication with a double trochoid pump, separate oil tank and oil cooler
- Mixed gear and chain valve timing. The drive gears (one for each timing chain) are located inside the crankcase to keep the cylinder heads as compact as possible.
- AVDC (Anti Vibration Double Countershaft).
- Aprilia's patented PPC (Pneumatic Power Clutch) hydraulically operated, power assisted clutch system for controlling rear wheel bounce under deceleration
- Engine Type
- V60 Magnesium Evolution. Longitudinal 60° V twin, four stroke. Double overhead cams, mixed gear/chain timing drive, four valves per cylinder. Patented AVDC anti-vibration double countershaft.
- 997.62 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 97 x 67.5 mm
- Liquid cooling with three-way pressurised circuit.
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Integrated electronic engine management system. Indirect multi-point electronic injection. 57 mm diameter throttle bodies.
- Digital electronic ignition, integrated with the injection control system. One spark plug per cylinder.
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43 mm upside-down fork with adjustment for spring preload, compression and rebound damping. 120 mm wheel travel.
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminium alloy double banana swingarm. APS (Aprilia Progressive System) rising rate linkages. Sachs hydraulic monoshock with adjustment for spring preload and rebound damping.
- Front Brakes
- Brembo double floating disc in stainless steel, 320 mm. Brembo triple bridge caliper with four 34 mm pistons and two sintered pads. Metal braided brake line.
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo stainless steel disc, 220 mm. Twin piston calliper, 32 mm diameter pistons, sintered pads. Metal braided brake line.
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17.
- Rear Tire
- 190/50 ZR 17 (alternative 180/55 ZR 17 and 190/55).
- 1,410 mm
- Seat Height
- 810 mm
- 103.7 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 18 l
- Dry Weight
- 185 kg
- Lubrication: 6 Speed; Gearbox: 6 speed. Transmission ratios:1st 34/15 (2.27), 2nd 31/19 (1.63), 3rd 26/20 (1.3), 4th 24/22 (1.091), 5th 24/25 (0.96), 6th 23/26 (0.88)
- Final Drive
- Fluo red, Dream blue, Aprilia black.